107 NORTH MAIN STREET
The building located at 107 North Main has had a long history of retail tenants. In November of 1923, the building was occupied by Grimes Brothers which was a one story mercantile. After 1964, the building became the Wilkes Department Store. Mr. Wilkes had the building redesigned into a tri-level store which included a heavy weight bank safe installed on the third floor.
Many Enterprise natives will remember the next business to occupy the building: Streyers’. In 1968, Streyers' opened and sold a variety of merchandise such as dresses, lingerie, ladies’ formals, sportswear and household goods which occupied all three floors.
After Streyers' closed, other businesses located at 107 North Main include Magnolia Room Restaurant, Mimi’s Tea House and Leon’s Ladies Clothing.
Today, the building is home to Weevil Nut Co. which offers a large selection of nuts, candy and gifts. The owner, Garrick Vest, is an Enterprise native. He also owns the Main Street Candy Company and The Daily Bread - both also located in Downtown Enterprise. Want to visit? Stop by! MON - SAT: 10 am - 6 pm
Click & Slide to View Before & After